Cincinnati Chili is a unique and flavorful style of chili from Cincinnati, Ohio. This delicious chili is served over spaghetti, with a variety of toppings, together with shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, and oyster crackers. Here's a simple recipe of Cincinnati Chili.
• 2 lbs ground beef
• 2 cups beef broth
• 2 cups water
• 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• Cooked spaghetti, for serving
• Shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, and oyster crackers, for serving
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium heat, breaking it up into small pieces while cooking.
2. Drain off any extra fat and add the beef broth, water, tomato sauce, white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground allspice, ground cloves, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until it has thickened and the flavors have melded together.
4. To serve, place a serving of cooked spaghetti in a bowl and top it with a generous scoop of the chili. Add shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, and oyster crackers on top.
Cincinnati Chili is a scrumptious and specific sort of chili it truly is best for a relaxed dinner. With this easy recipe, you may recreate the classic flavors of Cincinnati Chili for your very own kitchen and experience it over spaghetti with your favourite toppings.